Global Deep Brain Stimulators-DBS Market By Application And Analysis By 2020
Deep brain stimulators are FDA approved when it comes to treating Parkinson’s, dystonia and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) etc.
Global deep brain stimulators market is expected to reach USD 1.59 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing incidence rates of target neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s and demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures are some primary factors expected to drive the deep brain stimulators market. Deep brain stimulators have witnessed a significant rise in usage rates and are now considered viable substitutes to conventional therapies. Higher efficacy exhibited by the former is a key reason attributing to the aforementioned conclusion. Introduction of technological advancements such as fractionation of electric current and selective current steering are also expected to improve device usage rates.
Deep brain stimulators are FDA approved when it comes to treating Parkinson’s, dystonia and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) etc. Moreover, the use of these devices for diseases such as trigeminal neuralgia, Tourette syndrome, Alzheimer’s, refractory epilepsy, cluster headache and movement disorders by multiple sclerosis are awaiting FDA approval. The potential inclusion of new application areas is expected fuel the future growth of the market.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link -
Further key findings from the study suggest:
• Parkinson’s disease was the largest application segment of the market in 2013. Use of deep brain stimulators for treating this disease renders symptomatic relief from medicine induced dyskinesia and therefore, these devices are expected to witness a rapid growth in demand during the forecast period.
• OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) was also one of the leading application segments in 2013. DBS has proven to be the most efficient treatment option pertaining to OCD and is expected to witness a rapid growth in usage rates over the next six years.
• North America was the largest regional market, accounting for over 50.0% of market share in 2013. Presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure and reimbursement policies and increasing awareness levels of patients and healthcare personnel are some key factors expected to drive regional market growth during the forecast period.
• Asia Pacific is identified as the most lucrative market. Rapidly improving healthcare infrastructure, presence of high unmet medical needs and increasing healthcare spending levels in the emerging markets of China and India are some factors attributing to its growth.
• Some key manufacturers of deep brain stimulators include St. Jude Medical, Medtronic Plc, Boston Scientific Corporation and Aleva Neurotherapeutics SA.
• The market is marked by the presence of extensive R&D investments targeting the development of technologically advanced systems catering to new application areas. Moreover, manufacturers participate in endeavors directed towards capitalizing on the untapped opportunities available in the emerging Asia Pacific and Latin American markets.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global deep brain stimulators market on the basis of application and region:
Global Deep Brain Stimulators Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
• Pain Management
• Essential Tremor
• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
• Parkinson’s Disease
Browse all Market Research Reports @ Grand View Research
Browse Domain- http://www.iamamontreal2013.com/
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting servi
Feb 17, 2015