Operation Kindness Offers Back in Black Special
Take 25% off Adoption Fees for Black Dogs and Cats
WHO: Operation Kindness, the original and largest no-kill animal shelter in North Texas.WHAT: Operation Kindness is participating in the nationwide Back in Black adoption event to help find black dogs and cats forever homes. Adopters will receive 25% off adoption fees for black dogs and cats, who are less likely to be adopted due to their color. Each year between 3 and 4 million cats and dogs are euthanized in the U.S.
WHEN: April 1-30, 2015
WHERE: 3201 Earhart Drive, Carrollton, TX 75006
FEES: (Back in Black discount not included)
• Adoption fees are $135 for cats/kittens and $175 for dogs/puppies.
• Adoption fees help cover the costs of caring for the animals at Operation Kindness, such as food, medicine, tests, spay/neuter surgery, other surgeries, medical procedures, rehabilitation and recovery. Any donations over the stated adoption fees are greatly appreciated.
• On average, Operation Kindness spends more than
$380 for each animal in their care.
DETAILS: With the adoption of every animal, adopters receive:
• Adoption counseling to help the adopter select the dog or cat best suited to his/her needs, family and home environment
• Pet care and educational materials
• Temporary carrier for cats
• Temporary leash for dogs
• Operation Kindness tag with animal ID
• Microchip ID and registration
• Rabies tag for animals over four months of age
• Pet care starter kit with food samples and helpful information
• Spay or neuter surgery (if not previously done due to young age or medical reason)
In order to adopt an animal from Operation Kindness, you must:
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Have a valid, government-issued photo ID with your current address on it
• Be able to verify that you can have a pet where you live
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday – Noon to 7 PM
Tuesday – Closed
Wednesday – Noon to 7PM
Thursday – Noon to 7 PM
Friday – 11 AM to 5 PM
Saturday – 11 AM to 5 PM
Sunday – 11 AM to 5 PM
About Operation Kindness
Founded in 1976, Operation Kindness is the original and largest no-kill shelter in North Texas. Its mission is to care for homeless cats and dogs in a no-kill environment until each is adopted into responsible homes and to advocate humane values and behavior. Operation Kindness has saved nearly 80,000 animals since its inception. The shelter assists nearly 4,500 dogs and cats each year, caring for an average of 300 animals daily with another 100-150 animals in foster homes. Learn more about Operation Kindness at http://www.OperationKindness.org or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Kindness/30251945822).
Located at 3201 Earhart Dr. Carrollton TX 75006. Operation Kindness is North Texas' original no-kill animal shelter.
: DFW no kill , no kill shelter , DFW DFW Pet adoption pet shelter , adopt an pet , adoption dog shelters , animals fin shelter , adult cats , kittens , dallas cats , dallas kittens , puppy rescue shelters ,
Mar 31, 2015