Difference between Residential and Commercial Landscaping
Commercial Garden Landscaping focuses on professional properties, such as office buildings, commercial project zones, restaurants, strip malls, and indoor malls.
Before discussing the differences between Residential and Commercial Landscaping, let’s first look at what is meant by “Landscaping.”
Simply put, landscaping is the designing, creating, and setting out of gardens for the purpose of enhancing the look of an outdoor space. But, it’s a lot more than just planting, trimming, and watering lawns and flowers. To do it well, one must have a complete knowledge of horticulture, the division of agricultural science that centers on the technology, art, and science of growing plants. Furthermore, a good landscaper must also know some ecology, architecture, earth sciences, geography, and environmental psychology.
It all makes sense if you think about it. A good landscaper has to know the terrains, areas, climates, and seasons each flower and plant tolerates what plant food each one requires, what maintenance each one requires, and the aesthetic each one compliments. They have to foresee potential problems with soil, insects, weeds, and weather, what to do to prevent damage, and also what to do to fix the damage, should it happen. It all takes knowledge, skill, and experience.
Commercial Grass Cutting focuses on professional properties, such as office buildings, commercial project zones, restaurants, strip malls, and indoor malls. Like properties aren’t all that much different from one another and each one’s goals and care are essentially the same.
Commercial landscapes can be complicated, depending on the layout, indoor and outdoor lighting, availability of sunlight, access to parking lots, etc. And, these factors can vary, even several times.
Here are a few ideas a landscaper might have with regard to a commercial property:
• Use plants to balance an area.
• Use fountains, ponds, and artificial waterfalls to improve the looks of an area.
• Add trees to create shade and reduce energy costs.
• Keep shrubs and lawn very trim so that the property looks clean and neat.
Issues about a landscaper should be aware regarding a commercial property:
• dates of special events
• Areas on which tours occur.
• Spaces employees and/or visitors may go to take breaks and/or exercise.
• Times of the year tourism are greater.
• which properties have sprinklers (to plant accordingly)
• which areas have natural light (to plant accordingly)
A landscaper usually uses large, heavy equipment, such as big mowers, brush cutters, turf aerators, and leaf vacuums in order to maintain a commercial property. And, there’s usually no need for the landscaper to water the grass or outdoor plants, as they use
Residential Landscaping focuses on the privately owned homes. Each one is unique and the goals differ, as every owner has different tastes and wants.
Here are a few ideas a landscaper might have with regard to a residential property:
• Use plants and flowers artistically. One may want a tropical garden or a French provincial patio.
• Create a vegetable/herb garden.
• Plant butterfly and hummingbird bushes.
• Use bushes to outline a property, rather than a fence.
• Use flowers to add color and curb appeal.
• Plant rose bushes and/or the kinds of flowers that can be cut and placed in vases around the home.
Issues about a landscaper should be aware regarding a residential property:
• A beautifully kept landscape raises the home’s value.
• De-weed, aerate, and fertilize regularly to keep Residential Lawn Care and flowers fresh and healthy.
• Potential garden hazards to children and family pets.
• Make sure lawn, shrubs, plants, and flowers are all properly watered.
Landscapers can use standard equipment to maintain a residential property.
Though there are differences between Commercial and Residential Properties, a good landscaper can easily handle both. It’s hard work, but it’s satisfying. Their hard work adds beauty to the world and spreads joy.
Our business provides gardening services of all types. Services such as Lawn Mowing, garden care and maintenance and even rubbish removal. We can also offer households and business owners tree pruning services as well as gutter cleaning and plant maintena
Apr 21, 2017